Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thai Basil

4 out of 5 Stars
 
1200 McKinney St
Houston, TX 77010
Calling all Downtown Tunnel Dwellers!

We got yet another lunch option right in park shops. Come Hungry. Come PATIENT.

Thai Basil specializes in noodles and stir fry cooked right before your eyes in giant woks! It's rather fascinating to watch their HIGHLY EFFICIENT PROCESS while you wait (a while) for your order (you can't knock em for being popular).

You can choose from a few staple thai noodles (pad thai, pad see ew, and pad see mee) as well as a some stir fry options (including baby corn, Chinese broccoli and eggplant) curry, clear noodle soup, and even tom yum soup! Each dish comes with either chicken, beef or shrimp.

After a few visits, I have conquered each of the noodle dishes. I highly recommend the pad see ew (flat wide noodles) and the pad see mee (glorified lo mein). Each order was filled with delicious veggies and protein and cooked in a well balanced sauce. I will say it's rather greasy - BE WARNED.

Just a hint: while I do love me some spice, I DESPISE RED PEPPER FLAKES (which is what they use to kick up your heat preference). Stick to siracha!

While I'd pass on their egg rolls, I found their soft spring rolls FRESH and DELICIOUS, unlike some of the other "stiffer" spring rolls I've tried at the park shops.

As far as value, Thai Basil fills your to go box TO THE TOP, so your $6 order can easily last you 2 lunches. CHA CHING.

Come join me at Thai Basil's line (and watch the Subway and Chicken Kitchen customers pass you in envy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment