Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Common Interest

***TRAVELING REVIEW - AUSTIN, TX***
4 out of 5 Stars

Website
8440 Burnet Rd # 148
Austin, TX 78757-7068
(512) 453-6796
YES PLEASE!

Common Interest is the gathering place for all of Austin's finest strange (young and old), and it's simply amazing.

Regulars take their performances seriously (some are even good), but every one's there for a jolly time.

I frequented Common Interest with a party of 10 girls for my best gal's bachelorette party.

They allowed me to make reservations which secured our group a table right in front allowing us to fully take in the shit show.

To my friend's dismay, they had a limited amount of Lady Gaga songs, but the important thing is they had Heart's "Alone" - so I was all set. CI even had a section titled "Jewish Favorites" which really speaks to their massive song book!

I was impressed with the MC's strict no more than 1 song request per table at a time rule. While this made my sloppy friends angry, it provided the bar with a variety of songs and performances - I swear in our 3 hours there, it never got old.

Our waitress was super attentive with drinks, so don't worry about losing your necessary buzz.

Bottom line: Check your inhibitions and judgment at the door...have yourself a $1.99 jello syringe shot and get ready for a rowdy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment